This Bible was submitted by Faye at email@example.com
The following records were copied from Volume 383, Georgia Genealogical Records, submitted to DAR 1949, by the Elijah Clark Chapter NSDAR. This book can be found at the DAR Library in Washington, DC. The transcription is as correct as possible.The information contained in these records is the only information I have on these families.
Hart, James Force - 1851
BIBLE RECORD OF JAMES FORCE HART
UNION POINT, GA. AND ATHENS, GA.
PRESENT OWNER: MRS. LEROY HART.
This is to Certify that on the fifth day of October 1875, James
Force Hart and Evangeline Freeman of Union Point, Ga. And Toledo, O., were by
me united together in Holy Matrimony on the 6th day of October in the year of
our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Seventy five.
Rector of Trinity Ch. Toledo.
In presence of
Lily R. Zerbe
John C. Hart.
1. At Trinity Church, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 5th, 1875, James Force Hart, of Union Point, Ga. To Evangeline Freeman of Toledo, Ohio.
2. At 1st Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Ga., June 26th, 1903, LeRoy Collier Hart & Margaret Pickens Adams.
3. At Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Athens, Ga., Jan. 25, 1905, Ora Hart of Athens, Ga. And John Campbell Avery, Jr. of Pensacola, Fla. Troy Beatty, Rector.
4. At Tifton, Ga. August 14, 1912 James Force Hart, Jr. to Bertha Inez Sheppard. Grandchild of James Force Hart & Evangeline Freeman.
5. At Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Athens, Ga., June 30, 1932, Nella Hart Avery to Arthur St. Claire Butler III of Richmond, Va. Hiller, Rector.
6. At First Presbyterian Church, Athens, Ga., May 1st, 1937, Mary Adans Hart to Thomas Leander Gash of New Orleans, La.
7. LeRoy Collier Hart, Jr. at Navy Chapel, Nremerton, Wash., 13 Sept., 1942, to Mable Roth of Gainesville, Fla.
Born at Augusta, Ga. Nov. 21st, 1851, James Force, 4th son of James B. and Maria V. Hart.
Born at Toledo, Ohio, April 11th, 1852, Evangeline, 2nd daughter of Sandford W. and Alida Freeman.
Born at Union Point, Ga. April 29th, 1877, Eva eldest child of James F. & Eva. F. Hart.
Born at Union Point, Ga. June 1st, 1878, LeRoy Collier, 2nd child of James F. and Eva F. Hart.
At Union Point, Ga., August 29th, 1880, 9:15 A.M., James Force, Jr., 3rd Child of James F. and Eva F. Hart.
At Union Point, Ga. May 20th 1883, Baby Mac, 4th child of James F. & Eva F. Hart.
At Union Point, Ga. Sept. 27th, 1884, Ora, 5th child of James F. & Eva F. Hart.
At Union Point, Ga. April 30th 1877, Eva, eldest child of James F. & Eva F. Hart.
At Union Point, Ga. Sept. 28th 1883, Baby Mac, 4th Child of James F. & Eva F. Hart
Died in Athens, Ga., March 17, 1927, James Force Hart, Sr. buried Oconee Cemetery, Athens, Ga.
Died in Richmond, Va. Feb. 24, 1932, Ora Hart Avery, 5th child of James F. and Eva F. Hart. Buried in Oconee Cemetery.
Died at Dublin, Ga. Oct 14, 1947, - buried Union Point, Ga. James Force Hart, Jr.
BIRTHS OF GRANDCHILDREN & GREAT GRANDCHILDREN.
Nella Hart Avery, b. Pensacola, Fla. 3 August 1906 (dau. Of Ora Hart & John Campbell Avery, Jr.)
1.Mary Adams Hart, b. Athens, Ga. 5 May 1908.
2. Floride Calhoun Hart, b. Athens, Ga. 27 May 1911; d. 23 Dec. 1912.
3. LeRoy Collier Hart, Jr. b. Athens, Ga. 8 Nov. 1914.
4. James Force Hart, III b. Athens, Ga. 8 April 1920; d. at birth.
(Children of LeRoy Collier Hart & Margaret Pickens Adams.)
GREAT GRAND CHILDREN OF JAMES FORCE HART & EVANGELINE FREEMAN HART.
1. Arthur St. Claire Butler, IV b. 5 Nov. 1935, Richmond, Va.
2. Gayle Butler, b. 27 Sept. 1939, St Petersburg, Fla.
3. Thomas Leander Gash, Jr. b. 12 Feb. 1938. Atlanta, Ga.
4. James Hart Gash, b. 28 May, 1942, Atlanta, Ga.
5. Margaret Dale Hart, b. 21 June, 1945, Atlanta, Ga.
BIBLE PUBLISHED 1875 by W. E. BLISS & CO. TOLEDO, OHIO.